Friday, December 21, 2007

#7 Blog About Technology

The technology that I'm choosing to blog about is video gaming. Where I work, at LIC, I run video game programs twice a week. We play dancing games, fighting games, and racing games. The program is very popular and keeps the kids and teens busy so that they do not wreak havoc out in the main part of the library. It's also a really easy program to run once you get comfortable with the equipment.

I think that the kids like the games because they get to socialize and compete with their friends and because they get a sense of accomplishment when they practice enough to get good at a game and win at it. I wish that the library did not block the gaming websites. Some of the kids that come to the library ask about game sites like Runescape and why they are blocked. I think personally that playing a game online would be a better use of time than just going on myspace and looking at pictures of people and making fun of them.

No comments: