Sunday, December 23, 2007

#18 Collaborative Word Processing Tools

I'm going to blog about Google Docs, because that's the program that I've had the most experience with. I have been using it for a while now to save some documents that I need to constantly edit, and I have no complaints. I like that fact that it's the same google account and password that I need for my gmail account, my blogger account, and now my google docs account. It's nice to have everything together. I like to keep my resume up there so that I can add something to it whenever I do something resume worthy like serve on a committee. That way the next time I need my resumes it won't be such a chore to update it.

We also use it for the YA Summer Reading Club Committee, and I think it's been a good tool for us so far. We posted a list of the book selections for this summer and all the members of the committee can log in to see new information about the committee and to add annotations for the books. We were trying to decide between using Google Docs or a wiki, but I think that Google Docs is working well.

No comments: