Saturday, December 22, 2007

#12 Rollyo

This is the link to the rollyo search engine I created:

Comic Book Reviews

I really love rollyo! This is something that I've always wanted to be able to do, but never knew there was a way to do it. I've always use the "search within a website" feature on google, but Rollyo lets you do it for many websites at once, so it can save a lot of time. The search that I created was for "comic book reviews." When I first started as a YA librarian several years ago, I was frustrated with the lack of reviews for new graphic novels. I would have to search all over the web to find out if something was any good to decide if I wanted to order it for the library. After a few years of this, I'd developed a pretty good list of websites that reviewed graphic novels that didn't usually make it into the traditional book review sources: booklist, School Library Journal, etc. But even though I knew all these websites, I had to search each one separately to see where a certain book had been reviewed. But now with this search tool that I created on rollyo, I can search all of my selected websites at once and not worry about getting all the extra crap that a normal google search would give me. I think this is simply fabulous.

No comments: