Sunday, December 23, 2007

#23 The End !!

Wow, I can't believe I really finished this! Literally, it is 11:44 pm on Dec. 23. lol. Sounds like the rest of my life. But I'm glad that I did it. I feel like I learned some new things and reinforced some of the things that I already knew. So not to ramble on, here are my answers to the questions.


1. What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?

My favorite was Rollyo. I didn't know it was there, and I like it so much. Besides that: flickr mashups, facebook, wikis, library thing. I actually think that all of the discoveries were worthwhile. I hate to have to play favorites :)

2. How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?

I did this program really fast, most of it in a couple of days. And it made me realize that I need to be more agressive in keeping on top of new things like this. It's relevant to our careers of course, but also, it's really cool stuff to know. I would like to make learning about new things more of a priority all around.

3. Were there any take-aways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
I thought it was nice to be able to see everyone else's blogs and read what they were thinking.

4. What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?
I think that it could be done over a longer period of time. I felt a little rushed to be honest. Also, as I said before, I liked reading other people's thoughts. So maybe it could be more of a requirement to comment on other participants blogs. Also, I am the greatest offender of this I know, but I really don't feel like you get as much out of it by cramming the whole experience in right before the deadline. Maybe there could be more incentives to stay on track and get the exercises done in a timely manner.

I did 80% of the work at home. I found it really difficult to work on this at the ref desk and we frankly don't have that much time off of the desk or access to a computer. So I really did not feel that I had an opportunity to make this a priority at work. Maybe a different time of year would be easier?

5. If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you again chose to participate?
Yes, most definitely. Thank you so, so, so, so much for all the work you did to make this program.

3 comments:

hood_and_hat said...

So maybe it could be more of a requirement to comment on other participants blogs

I really expected there to be more commenting. I'm trying to think how one would define the requirement. One comment a week? Group everyone into clusters and require commenting among group members?

differentfrogs said...

Yes, maybe make one comment a week a requirement. Or else a certain number of comments posted for the whole process, like 10 or 20 over the course of a few months.

It probably wouldn't work to have a whole separate lesson on commenting :)

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Notebook, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://notebooks-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.