Sunday, December 23, 2007

#20 YouTube

So this is a little childish, but I feel the need to share my most favorite youtube video of all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59pM7yLlG8Y


It is called German pranks with Water. And for some reason it's the funniest thing I've ever seen. It is apparently on some German version of Candid Camera. Basically they dig a pit in the middle of a jogging trail, fill it with water, cover the pit with leaves to disguise it and then wait for the inevitable hi jinx to ensue. I think it's extra funny because it's in German, I'm not sure why. So anyway, that is my great discovery on youtube :)

I definitely think that library websites should incorporate more video content. It would be nice to advertise our successful programs by posting videos of past programs to show people how fun they were. This also might encourage people who are reluctant to attend library events to show up. Maybe we could include video tours of our newly renovated community libraries before they open.

No comments: